Statement on Resort Cleaning Protocols
At Boyne Highlands Resort, we take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking steps to ensure the safety of our guests and employees following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and local authorities. On a daily basis, our resort is working to ensure that we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our resort's health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures. Specific steps Boyne Highlands takes include:
Employee Health, Safety and Knowledge: Resort employees' health and safety are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we're supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It's important for their health and that of our guests. We are enforcing frequent handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable.
- Ongoing Training and Etiquette: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, resort employees are also being provided real-time COVID-19 awareness training, and continued training on proper health etiquette including avoiding touching your face and covering sneezes.
- Feeling Ill: Team members are encouraged to stay home if they feel ill or are taking care of an ill family member. The resort is also in process with a new sick pay policy specific to COVID-19.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: We use virus-killing products approved by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Our resort uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: Housekeeping uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: Public Space Attendants have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, hallways, and public bathrooms. Hand sanitizer is also available in multiple locations across the resort for guest usage as needed.
- Back of House: In the spaces where employees' work "behind the scenes," our resort has increased the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas such as entrances, door handles, and staff offices.
Event Notification: If we are alerted to a case of COVID-19 at our resort, we will immediately work with the relevant health authorities to obtain the facts and guidance on steps to take with both guests and team members. In addition, should a case occur at Boyne Highlands Resort, we would take steps to seal the guest's room (e.g., preventing entry by staff or others) and undertake a room recovery protocol that is designed to disinfect everything in the room including sanitizing the air.