"Not long after it first made its way to the slopes, snowboarding quickly grew to immense popularity, among kids and adults alike. At Boyne Highlands, snowboarding consistently brings kids outside for a taste of winter that's just plain fun.
Our camps and snowboard lessons are designed to deliver a healthy serving of fundamentals – but skill improvement is only part of the picture, as kids meet new friends, gain confidence and learn to find their own paths around Boyne Highlands.
From our interactive snowboard lessons with Sam and his forest friends to our private lessons, the Boyne Highlands instruction staff is ready to help your kids learn the snowboarding ropes – whether they're shredding the terrain parks, or carving their way down a gentle groomer.
- Registration at the SnowSports Academy desk is required for all lessons. The desk will direct you to the meeting location for your lesson.
- If you have pre-registered, please arrive at the SnowSports Academy desk ready to ski/ride 20 minutes prior to your scheduled lesson meeting time.
- If you have not pre-registered, please allow 30 minutes to register for the lesson and arrive at the meeting location.
- If you require rental equipment, please allow an additional 30-45 minutes to be properly sized and receive your rental equipment. Late arrivals at the meeting area will be re-scheduled to the next available lesson time.
Save time @ registration
Burton First Turns Lesson Package: Ages 12 and under
We are now offering Burton First Turns Lesson Packages for kids. Each new snowboarder is outfitted with Burton gear designed to enhance their snowboarding experience. Lessons are taught using innovative methods, specifically designed to make your child's first snowboarding experience enjoyable and successful.
Beginner equipment is tailored to maximize each individual's learning potential, and the program's small class sizes ensure individualized attention for each child.
This program includes all day equipment rental and a beginner area lift ticket with each lesson.
Lesson Times & Rates
- Morning: $70 - The morning session meets at 9:30am in the SnowSports Academy meeting area and begins promptly at 9:45am. The morning session concludes at 11:45am.
- Afternoon: $70 - The afternoon session meets at 2:15pm and begins promptly at 2:30pm. The afternoon session concludes at 4:30pm.
- All Day: $109
Snowboard Camp: Ages 12 and under
If your 7- to 12-year-old is eager to try snowboarding, our Kids' Snowboard Camp will meet their highest expectations. This innovative camp is focused on helping kids to develop riding skills, while building confidence through specialized teaching techniques in a lively, fun environment. Reservations are recommended.
Lesson Times & Rates
- Morning: $54 - The morning session meets at 9:30am in the SnowSports Academy meeting area and begins promptly at 9:45am. The morning session concludes at 11:45am.
- Afternoon: $54 - The afternoon session meets at 2:15pm and begins promptly at 2:30pm. The afternoon session concludes at 4:30pm.
- All Day: $97
Private Snowboard Lesson: Ages 12 and under
For 4- to 12-year-old kids who are more comfortable in a one-on-one learning environment, our Boyne Highlands team offers exceptional Private Snowboarding Lessons for Kids. This special program provides a perfect introduction to the world of snowboarding in a fun, safe environment. Reservations are encouraged. Children must be potty trained.
Private Lessons & Rates
- One Hour: $87 and $34 for each additional person
- Two Hour: $157 and $44 for each additional person
- Half Day: $224 and $44 for each additional person
- Full Day: $409 and $44 for each additional person
*Ask how you can save $10 with early or late day lessons!