"The Sizzler" Slopestyle Competition
- Showcase your skills in the Lower Heather Park at the Bourbon & Bacon Weekend.
January 16, 2021
For our third annual Bourbon & Bacon Weekend, we are excited to bring back this hot slopestyle throwdown. The Sizzler is open to all skiers and snowboarders who want to go all out for the sake of bacon and giveaways. This is a judged event and top finishers will walk away with some great prizes like Plath's Meats bacon, BOYNE gift cards, and SWAG. The Sizzler will be a fast moving competition with music, an announcer, and various divisions based on the number of entrants. Each rider will get two runs and the opportunity for bonus points by hitting "The Sizzler" bacon feature located at the base of the Lower Heather Terrain Park.
Spectators are welcome so come on out! Join us to watch from the base and enjoy a smoked pork and a bar. We will have music, a bonfire, and visits from Huey The Highlands Pup to make for a fun - and sizzling - afternoon on the slopes.
Schedule of Events: Saturday, January 16
- Event Registration: Pre-registration is online. Please register online or the day of the event behind the Day Lodge
- Participation Fee: $20 | $10 with PEEPS Pass (collected on site)
- Open Practice: 1-2:30pm in Lower Heather Terrain Park
- Rider's meeting: 2:45pm at the bottom of Lower Heather Terrain Park
- Smoked Pork and Bar: 11am-4:30pm
- Slopestyle Competition: 3pm in Lower Heather Terrain Park
- Awards: 5pm (estimated) on hill at bottom of the terrain park, immediately following event
- Open to skiers and snowboarders of all ages, participants under 18 must have a a parent/guardian present at on site registration to sign the waiver
- 1st Place: 5 pounds of pepper bacon & 5 pounds of cajun bacon, provided by Plath's Meats; BOYNE gift card, swag
- 2nd Place: 3 pounds of bacon provided by Plath's Meats; BOYNE gift card, swag
- 3rd Place: 3 pounds of bacon provided by Plath's Meats; BOYNE gift card, swag