January 19, 2019
For our first ever Bourbon & Bacon Bash, we are celebrating the rebuild of our half pipe with this HOT new event. The Sizzler is open to all skiers and snowboarders who want to go wall to wall for the sake of bacon and giveaways. This is a judged event and top finishers will walk away with some great prizes like BOYNE gift cards and SWAG from Under Armour. The Sizzler will be a fast moving competition with music, an announcer, and various divisions based on the number of entrants. Each rider will get two runs and the opportunity for bonus points by hitting "The Sizzler" bacon feature located at the base of the half pipe.
Spectators are welcome so come on out! Join us to watch from the base and enjoy a mouthwatering pig roast and Jim Beam Bourbon Bar. We will have music, a bonfire, and visits from Huey The Highlands Pup to make for a fun -and sizzling- afternoon on the slopes.
Schedule of Events: Saturday January 19
- Event Registration: Pre registration online (below) or 1-2:30pm day of at the bottom of the halfpipe
- Participation Fee: $10 | $5 with PEEPS Pass (collected on site)
- Open Practice: 1-2:30pm in Challenger Terrain Park Halfpipe
- Rider's meeting: 2:45pm at the bottom of Challenger Terrain Park Halfpipe
- 2pm: Pig Roast and Jim Beam Bourbon Bar
- Halfpipe Competition: 3pm in Challenger Terrain Park Halfpipe
- Awards: 5pm (estimated) on hill at bottom of halfpipe immediately following event
- Open to skiers and snowboarders of all ages, participants under 18 must have a a parent/guardian present at on site registration to sign the waiver